Re: decentralised

On 06/14/2016 06:18 AM, Henry Story wrote:
>> Is the decentralised registry mandatory to use in our model?
>
> So though I welcome WebDHT or namecoin, one can get quite most of the
> work done without needing to take sides on this issue, or on which
> protocol will succeed as the most successful naming protocol after
> DNS, if any.

Spot on.

In other words, we're planning for certain parts of the system to fail
to scale or be upgraded/replaced over time. By separating concerns, we
can deploy today and those upgrades/replacements can happen organically
over time.

blog: The Web Browser API Incubation Anti-Pattern
http://manu.sporny.org/2016/browser-api-incubation-antipattern/