Re: Egypt joins Nigeria in using association branded national ID card

Hi Erik,

I think you meant to direct your comment to David?

I would agree with you and add the following from my personal position:

I live in a country where government tenders are almost always shrouded in
some level of controversy.
When an international commercial organisation is awarded (direct or
indirect) control of a government institution it makes me very nervous.
After the deal is done and the government ID running payment applications
that are subject to some commercial entity's rules it's very hard to go
back.

I would agree with David that having a government ID that is also a payment
instrument is an excellent synergy but would prefer that this was through
some government/central bank controlled (or better independant and
decentralized) proxy to the commercial payments providers.

Adrian