Re: Higgins

From: Melvin Carvalho <melvincarvalho@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 2015 22:45:03 +0200
To: Adrian Hope-Bailie <adrian@hopebailie.com>
Cc: W3C Credentials Community Group <public-credentials@w3.org>
On 4 June 2015 at 11:25, Adrian Hope-Bailie <adrian@hopebailie.com> wrote:

> I wonder if anyone knows anything about the Higgins project:
> http://www.eclipse.org/higgins/
>
> It seems to have faded to nill many years ago despite having some promise
> and some high profile organisations as participants.
>
> I found their data model particularly interesting:
> http://wiki.eclipse.org/Persona_Data_Model_2.0

Yup know it quite well.  This was mainly being driven by Paul Trevithick
but I think he left azigo now to do something else.

It was one of a slew of web 2.0 projects that wanted innovate around
identity.  None of them really got the power of linked data, apart from
this one I think which had elements of foaf in it.

That wiki page was an excellent resource, but hasnt really been updated in
3 years

Higgins is a great idea, and Paul is a great guy, but im not sure it's too
active (please correct me if that's wrong).  Definitely a good one to learn
ideas from.