Re: No discussion of patents, was Re: Social AUTH Patent

From: David Booth <david@dbooth.org>
Date: Thu, 06 Aug 2015 13:06:05 -0400
To: Sandro Hawke <sandro@w3.org>, Timothy Holborn <timothy.holborn@gmail.com>, W3C Credentials Community Group <public-credentials@w3.org>, public-rww <public-rww@w3.org>, "public-webid@w3.org" <public-webid@w3.org>
On 08/06/2015 11:16 AM, Sandro Hawke wrote:
> It is extremely bad practice to send people unsolicited information
> about a patent.

I am not a lawyer, but based on prior discussions with IP lawyers I
believe Sandro's point is absolutely correct.

[Brief soapbox point:]
This is yet another example of how our current patent system is
fundamentally broken: it creates an incentive for inventors to be
WILLFULLY IGNORANT of other people's inventions.  That STINKS.

David Booth