RE: Some templates started [Was: Missing op agreement warning]

> From: Ian Jacobs [mailto:ij@w3.org]
>   Note: By design, Community Groups have few process requirements. This
> group does not (yet) have a charter that describes its decision process,
>   and as a result, there is limited accountability in how the Chair reaches
> decisions. The Community Group process affords greater protections
>   to those groups that document their decision processes.

[Milan] A couple suggested edits:
  * Delete your first sentence
  * Replace "there is limited accountability in how the Chair reaches decisions" with "the Chair(s) have no obligation to consider the opinion of the members or maintain commitments."

> A quick context reminder here: this text is a small patch. The primary change
> we plan to make regarding accountability (as discussed in November [1]) is
> around Chair selection.

[Milan] A small patch can still deliver a lot of information if it cuts the fluff and gets to the point.

If groups find the language objectionable (which I hope they will), they have an easy solution: adopt an op agreement.  They can choose from the present menu or cut/paste from another group.  We can give advanced notice to existing groups so they can avoid the warning appearing on their homepage.