Re: Some templates started [Was: Missing op agreement warning]

From: Ian Jacobs <ij@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2013 18:01:14 -0600
Cc: Wayne Carr <wayne.carr@linux.intel.com>, "public-council@w3.org" <public-council@w3.org>
To: "Young, Milan" <Milan.Young@nuance.com>

On 4 Jan 2013, at 1:56 PM, Young, Milan wrote:

>> Note: This group does not (yet) have a charter that describes its scope,
>> deliverables, and decision process. Groups that do not document their
>> practices run a greater risk of disappointing participants due to different
>> expectations about operations and decision-making.
>> Given the lightweight oversight of these groups, the best guarantee that they
>> will operate as the group expects is to have it formally written down.

[snip]

How about this:

  Note: By design, Community Groups have few process requirements. This group does not (yet) have a charter that describes its decision process,
  and as a result, there is limited accountability in how the Chair reaches decisions. The Community Group process affords greater protections
  to those groups that document their decision processes.

A quick context reminder here: this text is a small patch. The primary change we plan to make regarding accountability (as discussed in November [1]) is around Chair selection.

Ian

[1] http://www.w3.org/2012/11/29-council-minutes.html#item01