29 Nov meeting [Was: We'd like to schedule a teleconf on TPAC 2012 discussion - proposed agenda and dates]

On 15 Nov 2012, at 2:15 AM, Coralie Mercier wrote:

> Dear Members of the Council
>
> Following discussion of CGs during TPAC 2012 earlier this month, we would like to convene a meeting of the council to review some of the topics covered and next steps:
>
> 1. Policy:
>    Chair selection algorithm
>    Update on some copyright topics
> 2. Communications:
>    Distinction between WG and CG products
> 3. Education:
>    Templates for good practices (e.g., charter template)
> 4. Infrastructure:
>    Upcoming redesign and seeking beta-testers
>
> We set up a poll for when to organize the meeting; please express your preferences for the proposed dates/times for late November.

Hello all,

Given the poll results, the call will be:

 Noon ET for 1 hour
 Bridge: +1 617 761 6200 code 2686 (COUN)
 IRC: irc.w3.org #council

For the "chair selection algorithm" agenda item, here are some ideas:
 http://www.w3.org/community/council/wiki/Chair_selection

For the education agenda item, I will mention the Modern Guide project and ask people to suggest templates they think would be useful.

For the communications agenda item, some of the discussion will include:

 * Existing mechanisms (document requirements [1], requirement in process not to create confusion with standards)
 * Using a word other than "Final" for "Final Specification Agreement" and "Final Report"
 * Use of the word "Report" (other than in titles) to refer to CG documents.
 * Additional suggestions for further distinguishing group products.

Ian

[1] http://www.w3.org/community/reports/reqs/