Re: Feedback - email lists

On 1 Jul 2011, at 22:33, Dominique Hazael-Massieux wrote:

> The 4 default list are:
> * public-shortname : publicly archived list where only people who have
> * public-shortname-contrib: publicly archived list open to external
> * internal-shortname: like the 1st, but the archives are only visible by
> * internal-shortname-contrib: like the 2nd, but the archives are only
>
> I must confess that I'm not entirely clear of the point of the 4th one.

There is a description of the 4 email lists here: http://www.w3.org/community/about/tool/
I think we just need the 2nd and 3rd lists (and called community-shortname, internal-shortname)

> We have mechanisms to manage task forces and bind them to mailing lists;
> I don't think that they've been considered as features for Community
> Groups;

Would it be difficult to add?

> Would it be sufficient for task forces to use a tagging convention in
> the subject (e.g. starting the subject with [version2] for your first
> example) and let participants that are not interested filter these
> messages out?

I think this will be harder to manage for the end users...

Cheers

Renato Iannella
ODRL Initiative
http://odrl.net