Re: Next Steps for W3C Coremob

From: Dominique Hazael-Massieux <dom@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2013 15:44:08 +0100
To: jeanfrancois.moy@orange.com
Cc: Charles McCathie Nevile <chaals@yandex-team.ru>, "public-coremob@w3.org" <public-coremob@w3.org>, Arthur Barstow <art.barstow@nokia.com>
Le lundi 11 mars 2013 à 14:37 +0000, jeanfrancois.moy@orange.com a
écrit :
> To summarise, there are three possibilities: keep working as a CG, switch
> to an IG, or merge the initiative with Dom's Closing The Gap.

As Charles indicated, merging with "closing the gap" isn't quite an
option due to the difference of timescales (closing the gap is a 6-month
focused effort, whereas I see CoreMob as a tool for the longer term).

> I am quite a newcomer in the W3C family, so sorry if that sounds obvious
> for most but how do people normally process to decide? Voting? Resolution?

I believe it would be "consensus" :)

Basically, we exchange ideas and thoughts, and after the alloted time
period of two weeks, the Chair will evaluate whether there is consensus,
and what the consensus is.

Dom