Re: New draft of Coremob-2012 published, plus what's next

From: Dominique Hazael-Massieux <dom@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2013 17:59:06 +0100
To: Jo Rabin <jo@linguafranca.org>
Cc: "public-coremob@w3.org" <public-coremob@w3.org>
Hi,

Le lundi 24 décembre 2012 à 12:01 +0000, Jo Rabin a écrit :

> We've decided to combine the Use Cases, Requirements and
> Specifications into a single document, which will hopefully improve
> the readability and logic of it all. You'll find the latest draft
> at http://coremob.github.com/coremob-2012/ED-coremob-20121222.html.

I haven't found the time to deep dive in the document yet, but (for good
or for bad) the document structure and approach match pretty much
exactly what I had hoped after our discussions at the London F2F back in
October — thanks!

Some very quick comments (maybe followed by more in depth ones time
permitting), mostly on section 6 "unaddressed requirements":
* it says that Req 11 is undaddressed by existing specs, yet (as 6.3
correctly states) SCREEN-ORIENTATION addresses it; you might either want
to qualify "existing specifications", or remove Req 11 from the list of
unaddressed requirements

* re application meta-data, I would argue  that HTML5 provides a number
of application meta-data: icons at different resolutions with <link
rel="icons" sizes="...">, application name with <meta
name="application-name"> ; so it might be better put as a requirement
only partially addressed

* I think Req 12 is addressed by the "view-mode" media feature with
value "fullscreen"
http://www.w3.org/TR/view-mode/#the--view-mode--media-feature (but I may
be missing a subtlety)

Hope this helps,