Re: Inclusion of overflowScrolling in coremob specification

From: Wes Johnston <wjohnston@mozilla.com>
Date: Sat, 06 Oct 2012 08:29:10 -0700
To: Kenneth Auchenberg <kenneth@auchenberg.dk>
CC: Tobie Langel <tobie@fb.com>, "public-coremob@w3.org" <public-coremob@w3.org>

> Apple already implemented -webkit-overflow-scrolling for momentum
> scrolling in iOS5+.
>
> Is some standardization work going on with this in the CSS group? Anyone?

As I said when I started this, I still haven't seen any need for an
overflow-scrolling CSS property to be added to any spec. It sounds like
what people want is 1.) Scrolling (in pages, frames, iframes, textareas,
and overflow elements) to work correctly/smoothly, and 2.) To receive
frequent and correct scroll events. Both are possible with what we
already have.

I'm fine with tests on scroll performance. I just don't want to see
useless cruft added to CSS.