Re: Feature Rings, Incomplete Rings, and Compliance Grading

From: Tobie Langel <tobie@fb.com>
Date: Thu, 3 May 2012 23:24:25 +0000
To: Jet Villegas <jet@mozilla.com>
CC: "robin@berjon.com" <robin@berjon.com>, "public-coremob@w3.org" <public-coremob@w3.org>, "jason@cloudfour.com" <jason@cloudfour.com>, jeanfrancois moy <jeanfrancois.moy@orange.com>, Charles McCathieNevile <chaals@opera.com>

That's easy, just navigate to: http://rng.io/?all

>As far as features go, it seems that the current ring organization
>encourages vendors to get "green" and not actual spec compliance.

I don't understand how these two aspects are related. If you're suggesting
the tests aren't complete, I fully agree and your contribution are welcome.

>I'd like to see real grading there and not a boolean "pass" condition.
>This will make correctness of a feature weigh more than its presence.

I'm not sure what you mean by this either, unfortunately.

--tobie