RE: Network Information Use Cases

Dan wrote:
> You might be right but this is how operators' servers setup today.
> Authentication only occurs when a mobile camps on cellular network.

And Browsers today only have certain features. You're collectively asking browsers to add a feature. I'm saying that you can more easily add the features to the operators. Even if you did manage to get all browsers to add the feature (and it wouldn't be that fast), you'd still then have to add the code to use it to your web application. You could add the feature today to your web application and write the implementation once as a web service today, and be done *years* before browsers implement the thing you request.