Re: Ringmark is now open source

From: Robin Berjon <robin@berjon.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2012 12:21:08 +0200
Cc: public-coremob@w3.org
To: Marcos Caceres <w3c@marcosc.com>
On Apr 5, 2012, at 01:54 , Marcos Caceres wrote:
> But seriously, I think we need to take a balanced view here.

We do. Opera Mini is a wonderful browser, I have celebrated since the day it was announced. You can do many useful things with it. Just not (yet) many of the top apps.

I also don't think that the Web technologies in use at the Opera Mini level (or Series 40 browser, etc.) are genuinely problematic today. Mostly they're interoperable. There's the -webkit issue but that's most of what I can think of. Beyond that, MWBP has you covered plenty. So why would we be working on it?

Let's make something actually useful that hasn't already been done, mkay?