Re: Test does not require check whether user-entered data is re-displayed

On Mon, Aug 20, 2012 at 5:19 AM, <noreply@w3.org> wrote:

> Name: Detlev Fischer
> Email: detlev.fischer@testkreis.de
> Affiliation: 3needs
> Document: TD
> Item Number: G83
> Part of Item: Tests
> Comment Type: technical
> Summary of Issue: Test does not require check whether user-entered data is
> re-displayed
> The description of this technique (the same point applies to technique
> G85) mentions "re-display the form (including any previously entered data)".
> The test does not check whether previously entered data is actually
> re-displayed.
>
> Proposed Change:
> Add a third line to test:
>
> Procedure
> (1) Fill out a form, deliberately leaving one or more required (mandatory)
> fields blank, and submit it.
>
> (2) Check that a text description is provided identifying the mandatory
> field(s) that was not completed.
>
> (3) Check that other data previously entered by the user is re-displayed.
>

> Expected Results
>
>     #2 and #3 are true
>
> ================================
We agree that a third line should be added to the test procedure.  The new
test procedure will read:

Procedure

(1) Fill out a form, deliberately enter user input that falls outside the
required format or values

(2) Check that a text description is provided that identifies the field in
error and provides some information about the nature of the invalid entry
and how to fix it.

(3) Check that other data previously entered by the user is re-displayed,
unless the data is in a security related field where it would be
inappropriate to retain the data for re-display (e.g. password).

Expected Results

#2 and #3 are true