Re: Linking to old version of Inspect Objects

On Wed, Jun 29, 2011 at 5:39 AM,  <noreply@w3.org> wrote:

> Name: Guy Moreau
> Email: guy.moreau@hrsdc-rhdcc.gc.ca
> Affiliation: HRSDC (Goverment of Canada)
> Document: TD
> Item Number: SCR37
> Part of Item: Resources
> Comment Type: technical
> Summary of Issue: Linking to old version of Inspect Objects
> Note: this also affects Flash2 since it points to the same resource.
> The link "http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms695716.aspx"  Microsoft Active Accessibility 2.0 SDK points to an much older version of the tool.
>
> Note: Documentation should also be provided on what to look for with the tool. I will submit a separate item for this.
>
> Proposed Change:
> Change link to point to Microsoft Windows SDK Version 7.0 (for Windows XP) and 7.1 for Vista and Up.
>
> 7.0 URL: http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=18950
> 7.1 URL: http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=8279
>
> Note: while SDK v7.1 can be installed on Windows XP, it's version of Inspect Objects is not compable with Windows XP as it only supports iAccessible2 while the 7.0 version supports MSAA as iAccessible2.

In the interest of brevity and flexibility, we will replace the link
you question with the following link (which should always reference
the latest Microsoft Windows SDK available for download):
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/bb980924.  The WG encourages
users to find the configurations that work best for them in accessing
these links. Note that while we remove links that no longer point to
existing web pages, there is not a commitment to continue to update
links to newer versions of tools, documentation, etc.