Re: Test for percent is in itself not meaningful, should encompass %, em, font size names

On Mon, Jan 10, 2011 at 5:13 AM, <noreply@w3.org> wrote:

> Name: Detlev Fischer
> Email: fischer@dias.de
> Affiliation: DIAS GmbH
> Document: TD
> Item Number: C12
> Part of Item: Tests
> Comment Type: technical
> Summary of Issue: Test for percent is in itself not meaningful, should
> encompass %, em, font size names
> Since there are three dfferent ways to set font sizes that can be enlarged
> via text scaling in IE, testing any one of them seems not very meaningful.
>
> The same comment refers also to C13 and C14.
>
> Proposed Change:
> The test for techniques C12, C13, C14 should encompass %, em, font size
> names or alternatively, exclude the use of px and pt
>
> ================================
Techniques are options for meeting the success criteria. If there are three
different ways to meet the success criteria they would each be in a separate
technique. You could choose any one of the three.

We would not test for all three techniques in the same technique document
unless it was required that the three all be used together in order to meet
success criteria.

In this case they are three different options so they are in three different
techniques.

There was an error in the test procedure that implied that all uses of the
font size needed to use the same value, so we are revising the test
procedures for C12, C13, and C14 as follows:

For the CSS property used to define the font size for a rule:
"1. Check that the value of the CSS property that defines the font size is a
percentage."

Expected results will also need to be updated.