lists for accessibility supported technologies

From: WCAG 2.0 Comment Form <nobody@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2008 21:43:38 +0000 (GMT)
To: public-comments-wcag20@w3.org

Name: Michael Stenitzer
Email: stenitzer@wienfluss.net
Affiliation: accessible media
Document: W2
Item Number: Conformance Requirement 4: Accessibility-Supported Technologies Only
Part of Item:
Comment Type: question
Summary of Issue: lists for accessibility supported technologies
What will be the expected process after publishing WCAG 2.0 as a (candidate) recommendation? Do we have to wait for the availability of lists for accessibility supported technologies? What is the recommended approach for web developers until there are such lists of trustworthy and/or official institutions available? Are there any known organisations that are already preparing such lists?

I see the risk that many institutions will ignore the requirement #5 of a conformance claim, until such lists will be published together with the guidelines or by a governmental body.

Proposed Change:
Please elaborate the expected process in the WCAG 2.0 FAQs (or somewhere else).