How to decide wether it is \"large scale text\" or not

From: WCAG 2.0 Comment Form <nobody@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2008 14:06:00 +0000 (GMT)
To: public-comments-wcag20@w3.org

Name: Aktionsbuendnis fuer barrierefreie Informationstechnik
Email: kontakt@abi-projekt.de
Affiliation:
Document: W2
Item Number: Success Criterion 1.4.3
Part of Item:
Comment Type: question
Summary of Issue: How to decide wether it is \"large scale text\" or not
We\'ve got a problem with the definition of \"large scale text\". It\'s described to be \"18 point or 14 point bold\" and explained to be of that size when delivered. So how should I test a page if it meets that SC after delivery than?

And if every font-size is defined in \"em\" or \"%\" which size in px should I as tester assume to be the 100% size?

Another question is what\'s meant with \"point\" in that case? Do you mean \"pt\" or \"px\"?

Proposed Change:
Would be helpful if there is a clearer definition of what \"large scale text\" means.