Reference to \"users with disabilities\" in appropriate

From: WCAG 2.0 Comment Form <nobody@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2008 08:01:09 +0000 (GMT)
To: public-comments-wcag20@w3.org

Name: Brian Hardy
Email: brian.hardy@visionaustralia.org
Affiliation: Vision Australia
Document: W2
Item Number: Guideline 2.4: Provide ways to help users with disabilities navigate...
Part of Item:
Comment Type: technical
Summary of Issue: Reference to \"users with disabilities\" in appropriate
The point is that users are able to navigate etc. It is unnecessary and meaningless to limit this specifically to users with a disability.

Under this guideline I have a hearing impairment so I should be able to navigate etc..

My colleague without an apparent disability should NOT be able to navigate etc.???

The whole of WCAG is about access for people with disabilities - There is no need to specifically mention them in one Guideline

Proposed Change:
Delete words \"with disabilities\"