5 is too much and miss of exceptions

From: WCAG 2.0 Comment Form <nobody@w3.org>
Date: Sat, 5 Jan 2008 18:33:54 +0000 (GMT)
To: public-comments-wcag20@w3.org

Name: Aurelien Levy
Email: aurelien.levy@free.fr
Affiliation:
Document: W2
Item Number: Success Criterion 1.4.3
Part of Item:
Comment Type: general comment
Summary of Issue: 5 is too much and miss of exceptions
5 is really too hard to succeed. We have tried to implement this value in the french government accessibility guidelines but we have to down it to 4 because otherwise every website fail this criteria.

There is a need for exceptions for :

Logo and image of text who is part of a Visual guideline or Corporate identity guide done before the introduction of this new criteria (nobody comply with the wcag 1.0 constrat guidelines except pure black and white website)

logo or image of text that comes from company where Visual guideline didn\'t comply with this criteria for example in a partner page