Re: What "path" means

From: Loretta Guarino Reid <lorettaguarino@google.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2008 13:40:40 -0700
To: makoto.ueki@gmail.com
Cc: public-comments-wcag20@w3.org

> Name: Makoto Ueki
> Email: makoto.ueki@gmail.com
> Affiliation: JIS Working Group
> Document: W2
> Item Number: Success Criterion 2.1.1
> Part of Item:
> Comment Type: editorial
> Summary of Issue: What "path" means
> We need the clarification what "path" means. Is it applied to pointing device only? Or also keyboard interfaces? Or any other movement?
> Proposed Change:
> "path" can be translated to wider range of meaning. Need clarification.

Response from the Working Group
PATH means the "path taken by the users movement". With pointing
devices, the path you take to a button does not change the result if
you press the button. However, if you are drawing a freehand line, you
get a much different shape depending on the path of your movement.
Same for a watercolor painting on your computer.