Re: What "path" means

From: Loretta Guarino Reid <lorettaguarino@google.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2008 13:40:40 -0700
To: makoto.ueki@gmail.com
Cc: public-comments-wcag20@w3.org

> Name: Makoto Ueki
> Email: makoto.ueki@gmail.com
> Affiliation: JIS Working Group
> Document: W2
> Item Number: Success Criterion 2.1.1
> Part of Item:
> Comment Type: editorial
> Summary of Issue: What "path" means
> We need the clarification what "path" means. Is it applied to pointing device only? Or also keyboard interfaces? Or any other movement?
>
> Proposed Change:
> "path" can be translated to wider range of meaning. Need clarification.

PATH means the "path taken by the users movement". With pointing
devices, the path you take to a button does not change the result if
you press the button. However, if you are drawing a freehand line, you
get a much different shape depending on the path of your movement.
Same for a watercolor painting on your computer.