Re: "timing" = "time limit"?

From: Loretta Guarino Reid <lorettaguarino@google.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2008 13:41:32 -0700
To: makoto.ueki@gmail.com
Cc: public-comments-wcag20@w3.org

> Name: Makoto Ueki
> Email: makoto.ueki@gmail.com
> Affiliation: JIS Working Group
> Document: W2
> Item Number: Success Criterion 2.2.1
> Part of Item:
> Comment Type: editorial
> Summary of Issue: "timing" = "time limit"?
> The "Note" reads "While exceptions to Success Criterion 2.2.1 where timing is essential exist,". Does "timing" mean "time limit"?
>
> Proposed Change:
> Need explanation.

YES. We have revised the note to read as follows.

Note: This success criterion helps ensure that users can complete
tasks without unexpected changes in content or context that are a
result of a time limit. This success criterion should be considered in
conjunction with Success Criterion 3.2.1 which puts limits on changes
of content or context as a result of user action.