Comment LC-1103

From: Gian Sampson-Wild <gian@tkh.com.au>
Date: Sat, 7 Jul 2007 00:05:27 +1000
To: "'Loretta Guarino Reid'" <lorettaguarino@google.com>
Cc: <public-comments-WCAG20@w3.org>

Comment 76:

Source: http://www.w3.org/mid/001f01c695f9$31b504e0$9288b23a@tkhcomputer
(Issue ID: LC-1103)

Frames: 2.4.1 is a Level 1 SC. I don't believe we should be advocating
frames at the minimum level (see Techniques section). There are better ways
to group blocks of repeated content

Proposed Change:

Remove the frame technique

----------------------------
Response from Working Group:
----------------------------

If a page is already using frames, then this is a sufficient technique for
grouping the repeated content. So we are keeping it in the list of
sufficient techniques, but we have added to the technique description to
indicate that other techniques are preferred if the content doesn't already
use frames.
Response from GSW:
I do not agree with the use of frames in this SC. If it is to remain in this
SC I would like it indicated in the "Understanding WCAG2" document that
frames are not preferred.