W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-cognitive-a11y-tf@w3.org > April 2018

Minutes from telecon of 19 April 12th April 2018

From: Janina Sajka <janina@rednote.net>
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2018 11:28:01 -0400
To: public-cognitive-a11y-tf@w3.org
Message-ID: <20180419152801.GK6682@rednote.net>
Minutes from the COGA teleconference of 19 April are provided below as text.
They're available as hypertext at:

https://www.w3.org/2018/04/19-coga-minutes.html


   W3C

                                                                                   - DRAFT -

                                                                               SV_MEETING_TITLE

19 Apr 2018

Attendees

   Present
          janina, MichaelC, Roy, kirkwood, shari, alastairc, MarkWilcock

   Regrets

   Chair
          SV_MEETING_CHAIR

   Scribe
          Janina

Contents

     * Topics
         1. updates wcag
         2. publication
     * Summary of Action Items
     * Summary of Resolutions
     _________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

   <LisaSeemanKestenbaum> scribe: Janina

   <scribe> scribe: janina

updates wcag

   ac: WCAG moving forward toward PR--in management review
   ... WG is reviewing Understanding docs

   <LisaSeemanKestenbaum> https://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/wiki/Accepted_WCAG_2.1_SC

   ls: Can you confirm that's the current link?

   <alastairc> https://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/wiki/Wcag21-understanding-documents

   ac: Please do comment however easiest

   <kirkwood> could you give the directions in IRC?

   <kirkwood> great thanks I will check

   ac: Notes directions at top of wiki page referenced above

   <alastairc> Example where bruce added a doc as his comment: https://github.com/w3c/wcag21/issues/795

   ls: 2 questions ...

   ls 1. Deadline?

   ac: First round initial review by Tuesday
   ... Hoping to have progressing review

   <kirkwood> tead each page of document and comment on usefulness, correct?

   ls: Is this an opportunity to give advice not covered by SC? i.e. best practices?

   ac: Needs to be closely related
   ... should be closely related and fairly concise

   ls: suggesting apportioning reviews ...

   <alastairc> Steps, pick a doc from this page: https://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/wiki/Wcag21-understanding-documents

   <LisaSeemanKestenbaum> ACTION: lisa to review undering 1.3.5 and 1.3.4 understing

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-273 - Review undering 1.3.5 and 1.3.4 understing [on Lisa Seeman-Kestenbaum - due 2018-04-26].

   <alastairc> Step 2: click the link in the description, e.g. the second link in this page? https://github.com/w3c/wcag21/issues/779

   <kirkwood> I can review timeout

   ls: timeout? anyone?

   <alastairc> Step 3: add comments on the github issue.

   <kirkwood> by tuesday yes

   <LisaSeemanKestenbaum> ACTION: john to review Understanding Timeouts

   <trackbot> 'john' is an ambiguous username. Please try a different identifier, such as family name or username (e.g., jfoliot, jkirkwoo, JohnRochford).

   <LisaSeemanKestenbaum> ACTION: jkirkwoo to review Understanding Timeouts

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-274 - Review understanding timeouts [on John Kirkwood - due 2018-04-26].

   <LisaSeemanKestenbaum> ACTION: mark to review undering 1.3.5 and 1.3.4 understing

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-275 - Review undering 1.3.5 and 1.3.4 understing [on Mark Wilcock - due 2018-04-26].

   ls: Think we should also review other sections just in case we have anything to add ...
   ... Looking at spacing ...

   <LisaSeemanKestenbaum> ACTION: EA to review undering https://github.com/w3c/wcag21/issues/783

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-276 - Review undering https://github.com/w3c/wcag21/issues/783 [on E.A. Draffan - due 2018-04-26].

   ls: Is that reasonable?

   ac: sure
   ... comments first, then suggested text or edited text suggestions

   jan: do we need to include references?

   ls: no

   ac: Thought references welcome

   <LisaSeemanKestenbaum> ugestion we all read https://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/wiki/Wcag21-understanding-documents and add coments on coga best practice

   ls: believe now a good time for comments
   ... Also, can you provide update on our intro

   <LisaSeemanKestenbaum> https://www.w3.org/TR/WCAG21/

   <alastairc> editors draft: https://w3c.github.io/wcag21/guidelines/

   <LisaSeemanKestenbaum> https://w3c.github.io/wcag21/guidelines/

   js: Asks what doc being discussed?

   ls & ac: the spec itself -- there was significant debate re the intro

   <alastairc> https://w3c.github.io/wcag21/guidelines/#background-on-wcag-2

   ac: there are additions as a result

   ls: no direct link

   <alastairc> Work will carry on in this area in future versions of WCAG. We encourage authors to refer to our supplemental guidance on improving inclusion for people
   with disabilities, including learning and cognitive disabilities, people with low-vision, and more.

   Thanks!

   <LisaSeemanKestenbaum> sugestion we all read https://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/wiki/Wcag21-understanding-documents and add coments on coga best practice

   ls: summarizes that now a good time, best to comment by Tuesday as possible

   jan: asks about symbolx support

   ls: notes it's come back to life

   <LisaSeemanKestenbaum> ACTION: lisa to find uot updates on symbols

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-277 - Find uot updates on symbols [on Lisa Seeman-Kestenbaum - due 2018-04-26].

   jan: noting that symbols need unique ids
   ... working on it
   ... will also look at concept net

   ls: notes contacts on this issue via Personalization TF

   jan: a copy?

   ls: in p13n spec
   ... anything else re wcag?

publication

   ls: any volunteers for another table edit?

   <LisaSeemanKestenbaum> https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-cognitive-a11y-tf/2018Apr/0016.html

   ls: OK, moving on for now ...

   <LisaSeemanKestenbaum> https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-cognitive-a11y-tf/2018Apr/0016.html

   janina: I goofed and have confused voices. Above refs to "Jan" should be "ea"

   ls: anyone reviewed edits to summaries? Any comments?

   <kirkwood> issue paper summaries page, Iā€™m looking at it

   ls: Requesting John and EA, please review!

   <kirkwood> yes I see it how would I comment?

   ea: yes on symbols
   ... Is it in Word doc?

   ls: link above

   <LisaSeemanKestenbaum> https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-cognitive-a11y-tf/2018Apr/0016.html

   ls: use this one!

   ea: got it!

   ls: also graded help

   <kirkwood> yes

   ls: to Lisa's offer to post summaries as Google Docs

   <LisaSeemanKestenbaum> ACTION: lisa make issue paer summaires a google docs

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-278 - Make issue paer summaires a google docs [on Lisa Seeman-Kestenbaum - due 2018-04-26].

   ls: Any other volunteers?

   <alastairc> NB: There is an HTML version of the "Making content usable for people with cognitive and learning disabilities" doc:
   https://rawgit.com/w3c/coga/transfer-usable-to-html/content-usable/usable.html

   <shari> yes

   ls: hopefully by saturday

   <LisaSeemanKestenbaum> ACTION: EA to review the goggle doc on issuepaer summaries

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-279 - Review the goggle doc on issuepaer summaries [on E.A. Draffan - due 2018-04-26].

   <LisaSeemanKestenbaum> ACTION: jkirkwood to review the goggle doc on issuepaer summaries

   <trackbot> Error finding 'jkirkwood'. You can review and register nicknames at <http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/cognitive-a11y-tf/track/users>.

   <LisaSeemanKestenbaum> ACTION: john to review the goggle doc on issuepaer summaries

   <trackbot> 'john' is an ambiguous username. Please try a different identifier, such as family name or username (e.g., jfoliot, jkirkwoo, JohnRochford).

   <LisaSeemanKestenbaum> ACTION: jkirkwoo to review the goggle doc on issuepaer summaries

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-280 - Review the goggle doc on issuepaer summaries [on John Kirkwood - due 2018-04-26].

   <LisaSeemanKestenbaum> ACTION: Lisa to review the goggle doc on issuepaer summaries

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-281 - Review the goggle doc on issuepaer summaries [on Lisa Seeman-Kestenbaum - due 2018-04-26].

   <LisaSeemanKestenbaum> ACTION: Shari to review the goggle doc on issuepaer summaries

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-282 - Review the goggle doc on issuepaer summaries [on Shari Butler - due 2018-04-26].

   ls: Please advise list when reviewed
   ... can then move to a coga cfc

   <alastairc> NB: There is an HTML version of the "Making content usable for people with cognitive and learning disabilities" doc:
   https://rawgit.com/w3c/coga/transfer-usable-to-html/content-usable/usable.html

   <alastairc> with - https://rawgit.com/w3c/coga/transfer-usable-to-html/content-usable/table.html

   ac: expect can do by this time next week

   <LisaSeemanKestenbaum> https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-cognitive-a11y-tf/2018Apr/0010.html

   <LisaSeemanKestenbaum> https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-cognitive-a11y-tf/2018Apr/0012.html

   <LisaSeemanKestenbaum> ACTION: alister to adress comments and notes in the google docs. including
   https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-cognitive-a11y-tf/2018Apr/0012.html and https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-cognitive-a11y-tf/2018Apr/0010.html

   <trackbot> Error finding 'alister'. You can review and register nicknames at <http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/cognitive-a11y-tf/track/users>.

   <LisaSeemanKestenbaum> ACTION: alastairc to adress comments and notes in the google docs. including
   https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-cognitive-a11y-tf/2018Apr/0012.html and https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-cognitive-a11y-tf/2018Apr/0010.html

   <trackbot> Error finding 'alastairc'. You can review and register nicknames at <http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/cognitive-a11y-tf/track/users>.

   <LisaSeemanKestenbaum> ACTION: alast to adress comments and notes in the google docs. including
   https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-cognitive-a11y-tf/2018Apr/0012.html and https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-cognitive-a11y-tf/2018Apr/0010.html

   <trackbot> Error finding 'alast'. You can review and register nicknames at <http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/cognitive-a11y-tf/track/users>.

   <LisaSeemanKestenbaum> ACTION: AlastairC to adress comments and notes in the google docs. including
   https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-cognitive-a11y-tf/2018Apr/0012.html and https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-cognitive-a11y-tf/2018Apr/0010.html

   <trackbot> Error finding 'AlastairC'. You can review and register nicknames at <http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/cognitive-a11y-tf/track/users>.

   <LisaSeemanKestenbaum> ACTION: Alastair Campbell to adress comments and notes in the google docs. including
   https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-cognitive-a11y-tf/2018Apr/0012.html and https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-cognitive-a11y-tf/2018Apr/0010.html

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-283 - Campbell to adress comments and notes in the google docs. including
   https://lists.w3.org/archives/public/public-cognitive-a11y-tf/2018apr/0012.html and https://lists.w3.org/archives/public/public-cognitive-a11y-tf/2018apr/0010.html
   [on Alastair Campbell - due 2018-04-26].

   ls: that takes us back to the table; john R did a great job on his pass
   ... Anyone able to do a review? Noting it's not simple

   <LisaSeemanKestenbaum> https://rawgit.com/w3c/coga/master/gap-analysis/table.html

   ls: even 1 or two of them would help

   <kirkwood> I have reviewed and thought quite good for now

   <LisaSeemanKestenbaum> ACTION: shari to review https://rawgit.com/w3c/coga/master/gap-analysis/table.html

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-284 - Review https://rawgit.com/w3c/coga/master/gap-analysis/table.html [on Shari Butler - due 2018-04-26].

   sb: Will do this afternoon with Jan. It's on my calendar

   ls: looking forward recalling design reqs ...
   ... Is there desire for Monday meeting on that?

   [expressions of unavailability]

   ls: believe we've plenty assigned for now!
   ... Suggest to issue CfC on publication Monday due end of week
   ... following that we can return to design
   ... any other business?

   <LisaSeemanKestenbaum> jhttps://docs.google.com/document/d/1WcfVALVq8PS9CLXUuAfV9Op0wXvI2yJYedj5jO23GTk/edit#

   <LisaSeemanKestenbaum> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1WcfVALVq8PS9CLXUuAfV9Op0wXvI2yJYedj5jO23GTk/edit#

Summary of Action Items

   [NEW] ACTION: alast to adress comments and notes in the google docs. including https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-cognitive-a11y-tf/2018Apr/0012.html and
   https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-cognitive-a11y-tf/2018Apr/0010.html
   [NEW] ACTION: Alastair Campbell to adress comments and notes in the google docs. including
   https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-cognitive-a11y-tf/2018Apr/0012.html and https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-cognitive-a11y-tf/2018Apr/0010.html
   [NEW] ACTION: alastairc to adress comments and notes in the google docs. including https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-cognitive-a11y-tf/2018Apr/0012.html and
   https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-cognitive-a11y-tf/2018Apr/0010.html
   [NEW] ACTION: AlastairC to adress comments and notes in the google docs. including https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-cognitive-a11y-tf/2018Apr/0012.html and
   https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-cognitive-a11y-tf/2018Apr/0010.html
   [NEW] ACTION: alister to adress comments and notes in the google docs. including https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-cognitive-a11y-tf/2018Apr/0012.html and
   https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-cognitive-a11y-tf/2018Apr/0010.html
   [NEW] ACTION: EA to review the goggle doc on issuepaer summaries
   [NEW] ACTION: EA to review undering https://github.com/w3c/wcag21/issues/783
   [NEW] ACTION: jkirkwoo to review the goggle doc on issuepaer summaries
   [NEW] ACTION: jkirkwoo to review Understanding Timeouts
   [NEW] ACTION: jkirkwood to review the goggle doc on issuepaer summaries
   [NEW] ACTION: john to review the goggle doc on issuepaer summaries
   [NEW] ACTION: john to review Understanding Timeouts
   [NEW] ACTION: lisa make issue paer summaires a google docs
   [NEW] ACTION: lisa to find uot updates on symbols
   [NEW] ACTION: Lisa to review the goggle doc on issuepaer summaries
   [NEW] ACTION: lisa to review undering 1.3.5 and 1.3.4 understing
   [NEW] ACTION: mark to review undering 1.3.5 and 1.3.4 understing
   [NEW] ACTION: shari to review https://rawgit.com/w3c/coga/master/gap-analysis/table.html
   [NEW] ACTION: Shari to review the goggle doc on issuepaer summaries

Summary of Resolutions

   [End of minutes]
     _________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Present: janina MichaelC Roy kirkwood shari alastairc MarkWilcock
Found Scribe: janina
People with action items: alast alastair alastairc alister campbell ea jkirkwoo jkirkwood john lisa mark shari

-- 

Janina Sajka

Linux Foundation Fellow
Executive Chair, Accessibility Workgroup:	http://a11y.org

The World Wide Web Consortium (W3C), Web Accessibility Initiative (WAI)
Chair, Accessible Platform Architectures	http://www.w3.org/wai/apa
Received on Thursday, 19 April 2018 15:28:29 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Thursday, 19 April 2018 15:28:29 UTC