RE: how to speak isotopes/nuclides?

I would say superscript number element  e.g. forty potassium, two three eight uranium  if there is just a superscript and superscript subscript element if both super and subscripts are present, e.g. two three eight ninety two uranium.

Elaine

From: Neil Soiffer<mailto:soiffer@alum.mit.edu>
Sent: 27 June 2022 01:13
To: Chemistry CG<mailto:public-chem-web-pub@w3.org>
Subject: how to speak isotopes/nuclides?

CAUTION: This mail comes from outside the University. Please consider this before opening attachments, clicking links, or acting on the content.
Another thing to add to the document: how should prescripts on elements (isotopes) be spoken? I need to know what to say when there is a single super-prescript and when both a super and sup prescript are present.

Thanks,

   Neil