Re: Few words on each of us

From: Daniel Glazman <daniel.glazman@disruptive-innovations.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2013 08:51:36 +0100
To: public-change@w3.org
On 21/02/13 22:56, Casey Jordan wrote:

> We use PI's as well, as Tom said there are many benefits. However we
> only use the PI's to markup the regions and assign a small amount of
> metadata (username, unique id etc), any comments or other information
> associated with the change are stored outside the document in a
> database. This way, if the change get's removed, accepted, or rejected,
> the information surrounding it lives on in an audit record. This has
> been very important for our customers.

That's _really_ interesting because the HTML zealots never consider
PIs as a potential solution to our real-life problems in editing
environments ou publishing chains, they always base all their solutions
on elements and attributes only, and that of course tweaks the structure
of the document.

</Daniel>