Re: Relax NG schema referenced (Was: Generic Change Tracking draft spec)

Hi Mohamed and others interested in the RelaxNG,

On 10/04/2013 09:29, Innovimax W3C wrote:
> Robin,
>
> The submission references Relax NG files
>
> Can you post them (in RELAX NG Compact form perhabps) on the wiki ?
I've dug these files out, uploaded them and created a new wiki page:

http://www.w3.org/community/change/wiki/ODFSchemaFiles

and added a link from:

http://www.w3.org/community/change/wiki/State_of_the_art

I think a few 'health warnings' are needed:

  - The RelaxNG schema was designed for incorporation into a parent or
host schema (that's partly why I've left them in full format) . We did
this for ODF v1.2 CD 5, by editing the appropriate OASIS file.  This
file retains its OASIS copyright and I don't believe I can easily add it
to the wiki.

  - It is nearly 3 three years since we did this work.  They were
initially designed to support our work with samples and prototype code,
rather than as a standards deliverable.  With my colleagues Tristan and
Robin we developed around 50 hand-crafted test cases, XSLT scripts for
change-rollback, accept-all type operations.  We used the schemas for
checking these samples and the software;  it's also possible they were
used with the associated abiword and KWord proof-of-concept
implementations.

We'd encourage reading of the associated document(s) before delving into
the details of these schemas, in particular section 8 of:

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-change/2013Mar/att-0021/generic-change-tracking-for-XML-proposalV8.pdf

Thanks,

Nigel

--
Nigel Whitaker, Software Architect, DeltaXML Ltd. "Experts in information change"
nigel.whitaker@deltaxml.com   http://www.deltaxml.com   +44 1684 869035