About chair training - some view/suggestion

From: GALINDO Virginie <Virginie.GALINDO@gemalto.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Apr 2013 11:58:43 +0200
To: "public-chair-training@w3.org" <public-chair-training@w3.org>
Hi all,

Here are thoughts from a one-year-old chair .

First
Thank you for setting up that. The session organized with Chaals during TPAC was really helpful. And helped me a lot as chair. Formalizing that is a great idea.

About the F2F training
I would recommend the session in F2F to be 2 hours, under the role game format (new chair chairing the session to experience tools) focusing on the high priority difficulties of chairs . In priority order, I would say  (once you convinced yourself that you could do it and that you will be a very good a positive chair):

-          Understand what is at stake behind the process,

-          creation of a good and synched team (staff/editors/chair),

-          having right people in the WG,

-          making decision and getting consensus

About the tools training
The  tool training for appropriate minutes/action/issue/process... are mechanics that you may train during dedicated confcalls for chairs.
To make things easier, why not having 3 sessions for the 3 timezone every semester to make sure all chairs go through it  and have a chance to learn or finetune their practice ?

#tuesdayconfession
I do use the hotline once a month, and have a free subscription with Robin and/or Dom and it is really helpful ! :)

I will come back later to complete the items I believe could be part of learning chairing cycle.

Regards,
Virginie

[cid:image001.jpg@01CE3511.D61EEC30]

Virginie GALINDO
Technical Marketing & Innovation
Mob: +33 6 13 23 20 03
La Vigie - Avenue du Jujubier - ZI Athelia IV
13705 La Ciotat Cedex - France
www.gemalto.com<http://www.gemalto.com> or www.justaskgemalto.com<http://www.justaskgemalto.com>

[cid:image002.jpg@01CE3511.D61EEC30]

image001.jpg