Re: Some notes based on the wiki

From: Karl Dubost <karl@la-grange.net>
Date: Fri, 5 Apr 2013 13:26:28 -0400
Cc: public-chair-training@w3.org
To: Robin Berjon <robin@w3.org>
Linking dots. The wiki.
http://www.w3.org/wiki/ChairTraining

Le 5 avr. 2013 à 08:12, Robin Berjon a écrit :
> They are all very much legit, but I don't think that they should all be part of training.

And according to Philippe [1], it seems more like a 1h information session.

[1]: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-chair-training/2013Apr/0002.html

> I think that there should be a split. On one hand, all the information you might need written up in a convenient-to-find place.

* Chairs role [2]
* W3C Guidebook [3]
  One of the issues of the Guidebook is that many links go to Member space, which is not practical for people in public groups and want to know how chairs operate.

[2]: http://www.w3.org/Guide/chair-roles.html
[3]: http://www.w3.org/wiki/GuideBook

> I don't think that you can do effective training, especially within the time constraints that we're bound to have, on any significant chunk of the material there. There's just too much for it to stick.

Agreed.

> where to find the information you need.

YES. And, what I proposed in the other thread, Q&A which ties more into the experience sharing.

--
Karl Dubost
http://www.la-grange.net/karl/