Re: SVG in text/html

From: Jirka Kosek <jirka@kosek.cz>
Date: Sat, 13 Oct 2007 17:48:13 +0200
To: Henri Sivonen <hsivonen@iki.fi>
CC: Doug Schepers <schepers@w3.org>, www-svg <www-svg@w3.org>, public-cdf@w3.org, "public-html@w3.org" <public-html@w3.org>
Henri Sivonen wrote:

> The above trial balloon proposal is designed to optimize SVG integration
> in text/html in *future* browsers in a way that would create a
> namespace-aware DOM

Hmm, and why to support SVG (or any other embedded vocabulary) in HTML
serialization at all. XML serialization can be used without any problems
for such purposes. I think that cleaner approach is to switch from HTML
to XML syntax if you want to use XML features. Trying to emulate XML
features in HTML syntax is way to hell.