From: public-cdf-request@w3.org [mailto:public-cdf-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of Bjoern Hoehrmann
Sent: Monday, January 30, 2006 11:30 PM
To: Maciej Stachowiak
Cc: Charles McCathieNevile; public-cdf@w3.org
Subject: Re: CDR: Event-related markup

* Maciej Stachowiak wrote:
>> Note that there is no XML Events Working Group. The HTML Working Group
>> was chartered to maintain XML Events, but the charter expired long ago
>> in 2004 as you can read on http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/Activity so there
>> wasn't and isn't any maintenance of the Recommendation. Which is quite
>> a problem, I recently implemented XML Events plus the modifications
>> defined in SVG Tiny 1.2 and most of it did not make much sense at all,
>> XML Events alone even less.
>
>In that case it seems like a major problem for any other spec to
>depend on XML Events.

Yes, I'm very worried about the SVG Working Group's decision to somehow
adopt vanilla XML Events, just like I was and still am worried about the
http://www.w3.org/mid/42b4d54f.193020078@smtp.bjoern.hoehrmann.de new
similar but different <handler> elements, XHTML 2.0 has one, XBL2 has
another, sXBL has its own, then SVG 1.2 joins the club, and so on. It's
a pity but it seems it's less work to reinvent this for each format
rather than to invent it just once.