Re: CDR: Appendix B lacks testable conformance criteria for documents

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
Date: Mon, 02 Jan 2006 20:08:11 +0100
To: "Maciej Stachowiak" <mjs@apple.com>, public-cdf@w3.org

On Mon, 02 Jan 2006 11:04:44 +0100, Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>
wrote:
> "All Compound Documents must have a root document which has a DOM."
>
> - This spec by design only applies to XML-based languages, so this does
> not seem like a meaningful criterion.

Just to comment on this. CDR is basically about one document referencing
another. As in:

  <object data="foo">fallback...</object>

... such situations are not specific to XML-based languages. For example,
the situation above can also arise in HTML. We did not see any strong
reasons to make such restrictions at the framework level. In fact, a lot
of the CDR documents that are out there are written in HTML. Think of
framesets, iframes et cetera.

--
Anne van Kesteren
<http://annevankesteren.nl/>