Re: LC-1775: CC/PP 2.0 : Component attributes

stephane boyera wrote:
> Dear Ivan,
>
> Thank you for your comment on CC/PP: Structure and vocabularies 2.0 ([1])
> Your comment on "Component attributes" ([2]) has been referenced as
> LC-1775. Please use this reference for further discussion on this
> mailing-list.
>
> The UWA WG has decided to partially accept this comment, and
> corresponding changes have been implemented in the future CR draft
> available at [3].
> First, it's a good catch about the reference. It should be to
> RDFXML not RDFPRIMER.

Thanks

> Second, the WG doesn't think the text makes the assertion that you
> states. The note doesn't say anything about CC/PP placing restrictions
> on the use of RDF. It says that if you want your CC/PP profile to be
> compliant with UAProf, you must not use typed nodes.

I referred to RDF/XML in my comment and _not_ to RDF:

[[[
However, it is not clear to me whether a more 'crisp' statement is true
or not. Is it correct that the _only_ RDF/XML feature of RDF/XML that is
_not_ allowed in a CC/PP application is the typed node syntax (this is
the way I read the note)? Ie, am I allowed to write something like:
]]]

What you say is that UAProf restricts the usage of typed nodes in the
RDF/XML sense, right? Ie, when using UAProf, there are restrictions in
what the RDF/XML document allows. Hence my original questions/comments hold:

- is this the _only_ restriction in using RDF/XML that UAProf
introduces? This should be documented

- the current spec violates this restriction v.a.v. UAProf in using
rdf:Bag... Which may be all right but is worth noting because the
average reader may have problems...

Ivan

Home: http://www.w3.org/People/Ivan/