HTML Canvas 2D Context CR testing

From: Paul Cotton <Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Aug 2014 22:35:21 +0000
To: Jay Munro <jaymunro@microsoft.com>, "Rik Cabanier (cabanier@adobe.com)" <cabanier@adobe.com>, "Michael[tm] Smith" <mike@w3.org>
CC: "public-canvas-api@w3.org" <public-canvas-api@w3.org>, "Sam Ruby (rubys@intertwingly.net)" <rubys@intertwingly.net>, Janina Sajka <janina@rednote.net>, Liam R E Quin <liam@w3.org>
When the WG co-chairs were drafting the Canvas CR transition request we received the following information about  Canvas implementations and testing from Mark Sadecki:

> There are some tests for drawFocusIfNeeded() here:
> https://github.com/w3c/web-platform-tests/tree/master/2dcontext/drawing-paths-to-the-canvas

> AFAIK, tests for Hit Regions have not been written yet.  Mike Smith or Rik Cabanier would probably be the best people to develop those tests.  I tried to keep the following wiki up to date to monitor Implementation Progress:
> http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/HTML/wiki/Canvas#Implementation_Progress

> AFAIK, both Hit Regions and drawFocus are supported in Firefox Nightly and Chrome Canary.

What is the plan to extend the existing Canvas test suite and results to cover both the Hit Regions and drawFocusIfNeeded() features?

/paulc

Paul Cotton, Microsoft Canada
Tel: (425) 705-9596 Fax: (425) 936-7329