Re: adding type attribute to Canvas HTML DOM interface

On 12/22/11 11:12 AM, paniz alipour wrote:
> Hello My friends,
>
> I was doing some process on Canvas interface,I came across some
> problem which can be solved by
>
> adding an attribute such as "type" to canvas which can contain these
> values : game ,User interface,simple image,animation, dynamic image
> ,,,....

With something like a game, where the author is taking complete control
of keyboard commands, aria role="application" is appropriate. It may be
appropriate for some user interface situations as well. It does not
necessarily need to be put on the canvas tag: it can be set on an ancestor.

If it is a simple image only used for presentation purposes,
role="presentation" works.

I do think this is an idea to investigate in ARIA 1.1. One may, with
ARIA, use multiple roles, and the AT will fall back to known roles.
So you can do something like role="game application".

There is role="img" for simple images.

-Charles