Re: February 14, 2011 - Revised CRC2D

Attached:
I've tweaked the context document.

The language in drawFocusRing about closed paths was unnecessary, and
didn't match
the behavior and code I saw across platforms.

setCaretSelectionRect did account for rotation / skew in the transform
matrix.
I edited it to allow the UA to provide the AT with a bounding box as
well as the revised
coordinates.

Following up on the rest of the agenda:

On 2/13/2011 2:07 PM, Richard Schwerdtfeger wrote:

> 4. The HTML working group response to Frank Olivier's question on
> whether to limit canvas fallback content was to not limit the fallback
> content:
>
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2011Feb/0175.html - Frank
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2011Feb/0176.html - Ian
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2011Feb/0178.html - Maciej
>
> Rich: I recommend we not submit the canvas element (attached) changes.
> We need a group vote.

I think we're all in consensus here.

> 3. Rich Text editing supportCaret, Selection, Grammar errors, spelling
> Annotation
> - Do the user agent manufacturers agree to do further work on rich text
> editing?
> - Where we are:
> - Rich proposal for marking caret, selected content, grammar errors,
> spelling errors using HTML 5 and ARIA with modifications
>
> _http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-canvas-api/2011JanMar/0001.html_
> - Positioning information of content is required - per AISquared feedback
> (See minutes from last meeting)

I believe this can be handled by keeping focus on a single element, and
defining its position via drawFocusRing and/or setCaretSelectionRect.

It's not practical to provide positioning information for all content at
one time;
such information is re-generated programmatically in response to UI events,
such as mouse movement and keyboard input.

Image map proposals for canvas have been turned down in the past.

-Charles