February 14, 2011

From: Richard Schwerdtfeger <schwer@us.ibm.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2011 15:07:45 -0700
To: public-canvas-api@w3.org, dmazzoni@google.com
Cc: chuck@jumis.com, david.bolter@gmail.com, franko@microsoft.com, Benjamin Hawkes-Lewis <bhawkeslewis@googlemail.com>, public-html-a11y@w3.org

Agenda: February 14, 2011 Canvas Accessibility Working Group
Time of meeting is 3:00PM EST, 20:00 UTC, duration is 1 hour
Zakim Bridge +1.617.761.6200, conference 2119 ("A11Y")

IRC: server: irc.w3.org, port: 6665, channel: #html-a11y.

1. Caret/Selection Position and Blink Rate.

Are people satisfied with the changes to the caret/selection Position
attached? Rich separated out definitions for caret and selection position
(per Benjamin's request) and made some changes to the user agent caret and
selection tracking. Content selection does not always mean an element has
to have focus - unlike the caret.

2. SVG caret/selection pos. At the last call Chuck preferred to NOT have
caret and selection position reflect the drawing path so it was not
changed. Benjamin suggested that we move caret/selection position to the
James Craig proposal to add support for SVG but we don't know what will
become of that proposal. Do we stick our current proposal? If so, Rich will
update the change proposal and send out to group this week.

3. Chuck do you have a working modification to Chrome for focus ring and
caret/selection pos that we can send to AISquared for testing?

4. Review outstanding bugs to re-assign and or agree on closure.

4. The HTML working group response to Frank Olivier's question on whether
to limit canvas fallback content was to not limit the fallback content:

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2011Feb/0175.html  - Frank
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2011Feb/0176.html  - Ian
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2011Feb/0178.html  - Maciej

Rich: I recommend we not submit the canvas element (attached) changes. We
need a group vote.

3. Rich Text editing supportCaret, Selection, Grammar errors, spelling
- Do the user agent manufacturers agree to do further work on rich text
- Where we are:
  - Rich proposal for marking caret, selected content, grammar errors,
spelling errors using HTML 5 and ARIA with modifications

  - Positioning information of content is required - per AISquared feedback
(See minutes from last meeting)

Minutes last call:

Referenced documents and test examples

(See attached file: CanvasEditor.html)(See attached file: HTML Canvas
2DContext20110211.html)(See attached file: HTML_Canvas_Element.html)

Rich Schwerdtfeger
CTO Accessibility Software Group