Re: Test Case: Option Role - Canvas Accessibility Working Group

On 1/30/2011 5:08 AM, Benjamin Hawkes-Lewis wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 28, 2011 at 7:05 PM, Charles Pritchard<chuck@jumis.com>  wrote:
>> http://dl.dropbox.com/u/17337752/text-legibility-crop.png
>>
>> Attached is a screenshot from the text-legibility script; demonstrating
>> issues described in the Canvas Accessibility agenda that Richard has been
>> maintaining.
> Sorry, which issues does this demonstrate and how?
Had some difficulty with the screen cap, will try again later.

The first line shows HTML spans, the second shows the same rendered in
Canvas,
and the third shows it in canvas without 'help' from a nicer API.

I'll put in some more work on the example, to show caret positioning.

I'm trying to show the 'usefulness' of addressing these defects in the
current APIs:
css pixel scaling (thus the blurriness in the third example),
exposing the baseline (thus the strange vertical offsets of the third
example),
setting a focus ring in various manners, and the usefulness of having caret
positioning as well.

This was my first draft. I'll highlight these points better, in the next
draft I produce.

-Charles