RE: Canvas shadow DOM question for interactive HTML5 elements

Frank,

Thank you. Now we just need to deal with alternative content driven by CSS
media queries. The shadow DOM will take us a long way but there will be
times when alternative content is needed.

We should try to synchronize the media query properties used by video,
audio, a new visual (alternative for canvas) with IMS Global Learning
Consortium access for all resource meta data and user preferences.

Rich

Rich Schwerdtfeger

Frank Olivier <franko@microsoft.com>
01/19/2010 02:34 PM

Richard Schwerdtfeger/Austin/IBM@IBMUS
cc

Subject
RE: Canvas shadow DOM question for interactive HTML5 elements

After investigating this with my team – yes, this approach could work in
the ie architecture; we can ‘hide’ the actual control object while the
user interact with another representation (of said control)

This is actually somewhat similar to what we’re doing today in IE9 with
our D2D (Hardware-accelerated) design.

Thanks
Frank