Provide accessibility information for driving screen magnifier tracking of focus rectangle and caret selection and to prevent blink rate seizures - Issue 74

From: Richard Schwerdtfeger <schwer@us.ibm.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2010 12:50:19 -0500
To: public-html-a11y-request@w3.org, janina@rednote.net, laura.lee.carlson@gmail.com
Cc: faulkner.steve@gmail.com, chaals@opera.com, public-canvas-api@w3.org, jcraig@apple.com, david.bolter@gmail.com

Here is a link to the proposal for the canvas accessibility change:
http://www.w3.org/html/wg/wiki/ChangeProposals/canvasaccessibility

Laura, thank you for pointing out the old proposal. I modifed it, rather
than create a newby, and I included a reference to the nonav proposal
indicating the two combined complete our spec. ready change proposal to
Issue 74.

Janina, please place this on the HTML working group's agenda next week for
Issue 74.

Per today's discussion, Steve and I will work with Charles on a counter
proposal that will use a combination of an areamap and this a version of
this caret/selection tracking proposal. We can let the broader development
community choose what the best solution will be in the HTML working group.

Rich Schwerdtfeger
CTO Accessibility Software Group