Re: WebDriver Test Suite

On 31/03/17 00:24, Jonathan Lipps wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm new to the correspondence here and don't really know what's at
> stake. Are these tests browser-specific? (I.e., tests of an
> implementation of the spec in a certain browser) Or are they somehow
> more general tests of the algorithms defined in the spec, in a
> browser-agnostic fashion? I did a bit of digging but couldn't find an
> existing suite to look at---presumably that's why you're all
> discussing how to get started!

The test suite is intended to be implementation-independent as far as
possible (there are some details in WebDriver that make it hard to set
up a 100% implementation-independent implementation). The existing test
suite is at [1] and there are a few more PRs open [2].

> I'm happy to jump in and help with some test-writing if it's
> feasible. Or if Sauce Labs's webdriver cloud infrastructure can be of
> use, I can see what I can do about that as well.

The main shared tool for running these tests is wptrunner [3] (although
it is intended that with some setup one can use py.test directly), which
has a PR open for the ability to run some tests — although not yet the
WebDriver tests — though sauce [4]. However I think that right now the
most valuable contribution is definitely writing tests.

[1] https://github.com/w3c/web-platform-tests/tree/master/webdriver
[2] https://github.com/w3c/web-platform-tests/labels/webdriver
[3] https://github.com/w3c/wptrunner
[4] https://github.com/w3c/wptrunner/pull/243