Re: Seeking status of WebDriver spec by the Browser Test Tools WG

As a final follow up, you might be interested in the new ChromeDriver
architecture being mooted. It covers Android and iOS chrome
implementations, as well as the desktop one.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1FAuPLN92rSinz55J7R3H1hHmmQBuXiO3SUGIeZW1lI0/edit#heading=h.22qi75vmbmqe

Simon

On Mon, Oct 15, 2012 at 7:35 PM, Arthur Barstow <art.barstow@nokia.com> wrote:
> Thanks David and Simon!
>
> If we have any additional followups, I will ask Web Events members to do so
> on the public-browser-tools-testing list (to avoid cross-posting).
>
> FYI, Web Events WG is not meeting at TPAC but some group members will be at
> that meeting so they may indeed stop by your meeting.
>
> -BR, Art
>

> On 10/15/12 1:15 PM, ext David Burns wrote:
>>
>> Arthur,
>>
>> Simon also forgot about the Mozilla implementation[1]. One thing to note
>> is that only Opera and Google(Chrome for Desktop only at the moment) have
>> official implementations with Marionette[1] catching up on all platforms.
>> The rest of the implementations have been done by the open source project.
>>
>> Representatives from Opera, Google and Mozilla, including Simon and
>> myself, will be there to discuss anything further with you. I am hoping that
>> other companies will come along and discuss things with us at TPAC.
>>
>> Thanks for the email and feel free to ask us more questions as they come
>> up.
>>
>> David
>>
>> [1] https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Marionette
>>

>> On 15/10/2012 12:27, Simon Stewart wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi Arthur,
>>>
>>> The WebDriver spec is formalising the APIs and workings of the
>>> existing webdriver implementations[1][2][3]. That means that the
>>> implementations are actually further along than the specification
>>> would make them appear.
>>>
>>> We have two mobile implementations right now: one for Android and one
>>> for iOS. Both of these have some level of support for touch events,
>>> either through the main "WebElement" API[4] or through the Advanced
>>> User Interactions API, the entry point to which is the Actions[5] and
>>> TouchActions[6] classes in Java. The test suite for the webdriver spec
>>> will be in Python, so we should be surfacing these APIs there.
>>>
>>> I'd be happy to focus on the parts of the spec that you feel would be
>>> most advantageous to your group, so please feel free to ask us to
>>> flesh out any sections that you feel are missing. If it would help,
>>> I'll be at TPAC from Monday to Wednesday and would be happy to chat at
>>> any point (and you'd also be welcome to attend the browser test tools
>>> sessions on Monday and/or Tuesday)
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>>
>>> Simon
>>>
>>> [1] http://selenium.googlecode.com/