RE: [questionnaire] Addendum to Mobile Web Best Practices ready for publication?

From: Dominique Hazael-Massieux <dom@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 05 Mar 2009 10:25:48 +0100
To: "Scheppe, Kai-Dietrich" <k.scheppe@telekom.de>
Cc: achuter@technosite.es, Mobile Web Best Practices Working Group WG <public-bpwg@w3.org>
Le jeudi 05 mars 2009 à 09:34 +0100, Scheppe, Kai-Dietrich a écrit :

> > * The section for each BP "Relevant device properties" needs some
> > explanation. I understand that this means properties that can be
> > detected on the server. This is covered in the BP document under "3.5
> > Establishing Context" [4].
>
> -- Dom had suggested putting this in and I think his intention was
> different.
>    Dom?

I think my intention is roughly what Alan describes; it really was the
properties on which one needs to evaluate to produce content that
follows the best practices; in general, this means detection on the
server side, but it may also be a more arbitrary choice of range of
targeted devices, some client-side adaptation, etc.

Dom