RE: MobileOK scheme

> If your solution "take full advantage of knowledge of device and
> browser
> capabilities" why wouldn't be labeled as mobileOK ??

It won't be excluded from mobileOK if it does that. We will all applaud it as following Best Practice.

It will be awarded mobileOK if, in the presence of the relevant accept headers, it provides a representation that passes all the mobileOK tests. If, in the presence of those request headers, the tests are not passed then it won't. What it does in the presence of other headers is not relevant to mobileOK, which is *just* a test that a site is *capable* of providing a mobileOK representation. In what circumstances it does, or does not provide that representation - *other* than when the relevant headers are received - is not part of the test either.

Can we please move this conversation on to discussing how the current text should be adjusted for clarity.

Current Text: [1]

The DDC is thus not a target to aspire to, it merely sets a base line below which content providers do not need to provide their content. It is expected that content providers, as well as targetting DDC level devices, will wish also to provide non-mobileOK experiences for more advanced mobile devices.

[1] http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/Drafts/mobileOK-Trustmark/20090610.html#sec_Default_Delivery_Context

Currently Proposed New Text:

" The DDC is thus not a target to aspire to, it merely sets a base line below which content providers do not need to provide their content. It is expected that content providers, as well as targetting DDC level devices, will wish also to provide experiences for more advanced mobile devices that have capabilities not supported by the DDC."

New Proposed New text (with added oomph):

" The DDC is thus not a target to aspire to, it merely sets a base line below which content providers do not need to provide their content. It is Best Practice [CAPABILITIES][2]  for content providers, as well as targetting DDC level devices, also to provide experiences for more advanced mobile devices that have capabilities not supported by the DDC."

[2] http://www.w3.org/TR/mobile-bp/#CAPABILITIES

Objections?

PROPOSED RESOLUTION: Adopt above text for clarification that advanced experiences for non DDC devices do not disqualify sites from achieving mobileOK, and indeed this is what we'd like them to do.

Jo