Re: Editorial comments on "Shared Web Experiences: Barriers Common to Mobile Device Users and People with Disabilities"

Yeliz, comments below.

Jo

On 13/10/2008 22:01, Yeliz Yesilada wrote:
> Hi Jo,
>
> Thanks for your comments.

>> implies that navigation is via tab key, which it isn't, but in any
>> case it may be worth mentioning that it's hard to navigate with the
>> common 4-way rocker.
>>
>> >Please let me know what you think about the latest version of the
>> description, I tried not to talk about any specific technology here.
>>
>> Sorry if this seems a bit picky, or unduly politically correct, but
>>
>> "Mobile Context: Pointing device not present or inadequate."
>>
>> I think that saying "inadequate" opens a number of questions which we
>> don't want to go into here, so maybe we can just say "There may be no
>> pointing device"
>

> I understand your point. What about changing Mobile context to " Device
> has no mouse, only alphanumeric keypad or joystick so user can use tab
> navigation to move from one element to another". Do you think this will
> solve the ambiguity in the definition?

I think the main point is only that the device usually won't have a mouse.

It may have a touch screen, it may just have a 10 key keypad, it might
have a soft keyboard etc. so fwiw I don't think it is worth elaborating
on what it may or may not have other than to note that there may not be
a pointing device.