Re: [agenda] Agenda for tomorrow's call *PLEASE READ NEW MWABP DRAFT*

On Thu, 27 Nov 2008 14:10:05 -0000, Adam Connors <adamconnors@google.com>
wrote:

> I don't know much about WAI-ARIA

good intro http://dev.opera.com/articles/view/introduction-to-wai-aria/
(disclaimer: I edited this; employer's website)

but this sounds like a reasonable idea
> me. With the best will in the world though, I can't imagine a site that
> updates off screen and somehow alerting you on-screen that something
> happened giving a particularly good user-experience. Maybe we'd want to
> go
> further-- "Don't make page updates if they aren't visible?" Certainly it
> sounds to me like a BP on the zoom attributes would be a good idea as we
> say
> nothing on this right now.

But the author doesn't know how far a user has zoomed his phone into a
page, so can't know if the Ajax-driven change to  a page will be visible
or not. But presumably the phone would know whether live region X is
on-screen or not - and if the live region were set to be "rude" (always
interrupt what a screenreader user were listening to) it coulod scroll/pan
to the newly updated area.