Re: iPhone ad rapped as 'misleading'

The word Apple used which was the problem was "ALL"

The other big problem with the iPhone's internet is you can't download things.
Its bizarre that the iPhone is one of the very few phones from which
you can't download music!
(unless you side load or Wifi)

Ray
At 08:34 27/08/2008, Luca Passani wrote:

>In fairness to Apple, I have heard operators and device
>manufacturers claim support for internet on the phone since WAP 1.1
>in 1999, so I am not sure about why the iPhone now deserves special treatment.
>
>Secondly, the iPhone does not support the <input type="file">  form
>element, which makes it impossible to upload files from your device
>to a web server. That's a even bigger offender than lack of Java and
>Flash, IMO.
>
>Luca
>
>Alan Chuter wrote:
>>
>>A television advert for the iPhone misled consumers, the
>>Advertising Standards Authority has ruled.
>>
>>Two complaints to the watchdog noted that the advert said "all the
>>parts of the internet are on the iPhone".
>>
>>But the ASA said because the iPhone did not support Flash or Java -
>>two programs that form part of many webpages - the claim was misleading.
>>
>>More...
>>
>>http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/low/technology/7582197.stm
>>
>>regards,
>>
>>Alan

Ray Anderson   CEO   Bango plc     Voice: +44 8700 340
361   ray@bango.com   GSM: +44 7768 454545