Re: Query:Reply Plz

You are conducting many usability tests on mobile phones?  I hope that
you make the progress and/or results of these tests public.

I believe that WML is inherently unusable, or more importantly,
impractical.  But, good luck with that.

As for mobile web access (xhtml), the system of possible usability
guidelines is a small fraction of a comparative system for web
usability on a PC.  Refreshingly, developing a website for a 120 pixel
wide screen means that you had better reduce the components of a
website down to it's utter minimalism.  What I think is left to be
learned is what you can really strip away from websites as unnecessary.

I've found an interesting challenge is content management systems -
what are the standards of content that port equally to mobile and full
screen websites?   Some content does seem to require editing (such as
articles with tablular data inserts) exclusively for the mobile web,
but also there might be a need just to have am even stronger editorial
process than exists today for "writing for the web." which is already a
rather KISS-like guideline.

Regards,

Ben
Minus Wired