Re: Browsing the Web with a non-existing User-Agent

From: Jo Rabin <jrabin@mtld.mobi>
Date: Wed, 01 Oct 2008 20:10:11 +0100
To: Francois Daoust <fd@w3.org>
CC: public-bpwg-ct <public-bpwg-ct@w3.org>

If you don't supply a User-Agent at all a lot of sites break, according
to some stuff I did a while ago.

But yes, this is at the heart of what we are trying to establish. If, as
a Content Provider, you do differentiate on User Agent and not Accept
then that's interesting and that's what we are in the game to promote, I
think. I'm sorry that it's not more prevalent in your sample, Francois.

Jo